Christian Leaders for Africa (CLA) is a not-for-profit organization of people who share a vision for Africans training Africans in Africa. Formed in November, 2002, CLA is a partner with Africa International University (AIU) in Nairobi, Kenya. AIU is a Christian university that was previously known as the Nairobi Evangelical Graduate School of Theology (NEGST). The university will have three major schools of study, NEGST, the Institute for the Study of African Realities (ISAR), and the School for Professional Studies (SPS).
The board and staff of CLA seek to develop US support for ongoing programs at NEGST, including student scholarships, faculty support, the new doctoral initiatives and various capital projects.
Join Us for a Vision Trip to AIU
Have you ever experienced Africa International University firsthand? People who visit AIU describe the experience as life changing. This February you have the opportunity to see for yourself the place we keep telling you about and to meet the people whose lives you have touched through your prayers and financial support. It would be our pleasure to introduce you to “the school in the heart of Africa with Africa on its heart.” Join CLA Executive Director Ed Fischer and key AIU stakeholders for a vision trip to AIU.
Key AIU Events:
- Interaction with AIU students and faculty
- Day spent with a host family from Nairobi Chapel
- Chapel service at AIU
- Church service at Nairobi Chapel or Mavuno Church
- Lunch with CLA scholarship recipients
- Three day, two night safari in Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Morning and evening game drives in Maasai Mara
- Tours of Kibera Slum and local ministries, such as Kazuri Bead Factory and Beacon of Hope
- Lunch at historic Karen Blixen Gardens
- A visit to Sheldrick Elephant Safari
- Depart from Indianapolis February 17, 2014
- Return to Indianapolis February 28, 2014
This all-inclusive trip includes meals and accommodations at AIU, meals and accommodations on safari, one roundtrip airline ticket, ground transportation in Kenya, and special dinners at AIU.
- Business Class Package: $10,000
- Economy Class Package: $3,000
If interested, please contact Ed Fischer: email@example.com or 410-299-1947.
Dual Passions: Basketball and the Bible
Henry Bentry Mwalwanda can be called the Michael Jordan of Malawi. He played as the starting point guard on the national basketball team for four years. But basketball is not his only passion. He is also passionate about teaching theology and Bible in Africa.
Henry was born into a medical family, his parents being a doctor and a nurse. Unfortunately, his father died in a car accident when Henry was twenty-two, and his mother died of a stomach ailment two years later. Henry’s eldest brother raised his eight siblings, with Henry among the youngest.